Tuesday, June 19, 2007

comfort

we have a friend who's wife is suffering with the complications of long-term treatment of cancer.  they have been so faithful and joyful throughout this heartrending ordeal and through their light and love, they testify to god over and over.  we just received an update and as his wife is in hospital undergoing serious treatment for complications and infection, he shared these words:

"During this frightful time I came upon this Scripture from Habakkuk 3 that had brought me hope and comfort years ago.

Though the fig tree does not bud

and there are no grapes on the vines,

though the olive crop fails

and the fields produce no food,

though there are no sheep in the pen

and no cattle in the stalls,

18 yet I will rejoice in the LORD,

I will be joyful in God my Savior.

19 The Sovereign LORD is my strength;

he makes my feet like the feet of a deer,

he enables me to go on the heights."

No comments: